Do you want to keep rats and mice out of your property? Are you looking for the best methods to prevent rodent infestations in your home? Then you have come to the right place.
In this article, we are going to give you some rodent control and prevention tips that will help you keep these unwanted visitors out of your home. Later in this post, we will also talk about a reliable pest control company offering rodent control in Palm Beach. They can help you get rid of the rodents of your house quickly.
However, before we dive in, let me tell you why a rodent infestation is something you should be concerned about.
- First of all, rodents can spread many diseases. The diseases directly transmitted by rodents include Plague, Salmonellosis, Rat-Bite Fever, Lassa Fever, Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome, Tularemia, etc. And the diseases indirectly transmitted by rodents include Lyme Disease, Relapsing Fever, Babesiosis, etc.
- Second, rats and mice can gnaw on the electrical wiring of your house which could lead to a fire. They can damage your important documents, expensive clothing, etc.
- Third, rodents can cause serious structural damages to your house.
These are some main reasons why you should take the matter seriously. Take some time to read the following portion of this article to learn how you can prevent rodents from making your house their permanent residence.
Rodent Control and Prevention Tips
Here’s how you can control the rodents of your house:
1. Seal up Holes, Cracks, and Openings in Walls and Roofs
If you want to prevent a rodent infestation in your home, then the first thing you need to do is to find the entry points. A rat can easily squeeze through a very small hole or gap. So, it’s extremely important that you check all the walls and roofs of your house for holes and openings.
Here are some places you should look for holes:
- Around windows and doors
- Around the fireplace
- Inside the attics and attic vents
- Around floor and dryer vents, etc.
Consider sealing up all the unnecessary holes and gaps you find.
2. Use Mouse Traps
A mousetrap can help you reduce the population of rodents in and around your house. Here are some places you should place your mouse traps:
- In the basement
- In the attic
- In your kitchen, etc.
3. Eliminate Food Sources
Rodents enter our houses mainly for food. Thus, by eliminating the possible food sources, you can prevent rodent infestations in your home. For this, consider keeping the uneaten food, fruits, and vegetables in tightly sealed containers. Also, consider washing dishes soon after use.
Get in Touch with Trusted Pest Control Service Providers
You can contact ‘Fleming Lawn and Pest Services’ if you need any kind of help with professional rodent control in Palm Beach. They have been providing pest control services for a long time. They have experienced professionals. You can find detailed information about their services on their website. Thus, log on to fleminglps.com now to know more.